Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

The last days

This week has been a hard one. I have been working endlessly at thinning out our collection of stuff - over four years' worth - while keeping up with an ever-curious, faster-than-lightning little boy. But, it's also been one of incredible blessing, full of friends, celebration, and fellowship.

On Sunday, we went with our dear friends Rock, Adrienne, Tya and Sher-Ping to have our last taste of amazing, stupendous Sushi Garden, complete with Alaska rolls and mountains of sweet, sweet sashimi!

Monday, we had margaritas and a bit of game 6 with friends - which then turned into a night of 2001 Space Odyssey . . . and eventually shooting each other in Halo.

Tuesday, I was treated like a bride, taken out for a pedicure with the girls (thanks, Rachel!), lunch, then evening drinks and appies with my closest friends. It was so special and I felt so, so loved! Then the next day, Coram and I sped off to meet dear Karen and two of her boys for a midday gelato run to La Casa Gelato . . . mmm!

Today, we jaunted down to Granville Island for my last Terra Breads fix, munching our goodies in the sun with good friends Kirk, Rachel, little Olivia, and Naomi. Joash and I later indulged at Kalamata restaurant, for some fabulous roast lamb and garlicky Greek goodness.

Tomorrow, the dance party.

It's all happening so fast. With each passing day of this week, and with each friend I spend it with, I'm beginning to feel our time in Vancouver slipping away. But it's okay. I am treasuring each of these moments, grateful for the seven years God has gifted me with and all the many, many dear friends he has given me. I am totally and utterly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment