Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Of bittersweet cheer

So the time has come for Joash and me to embark on a new adventure, one that will take us thousands of kilometers from many dear friends and from the place where we met, fell in love, got married, and had our first little monkey.

Believe me, a big part of me doesn't want to go. I love my friends, my church, my neighbourhood. I will miss the weird hippies, our local pub, alpine hikes and pristine ocean kayaking. I will miss this place where I did a lot of growing up.

But, this is good. Sad, but good.

Good, because Joash needs to pastor his own church. Good, because we're making room for the emerging leaders in our church to step up. Good, because God didn't call us to have complacent, comfortable lives, but to go where the Gospel is needed.

If you haven't yet heard, we are literally moving to the other side of Canada, to a town in New Brunswick. Joash has accepted a position as pastor of a small church there, and we are off to start a new life with a new church family that has a vibrant, passionate love for Christ and their community.

If you're reading this, I ask you to pray with and for us, that we would have boldness to speak the Gospel, God's ability to love when meeting new people, courage to stand up for the truth and the humility to give Him the glory for everything we do. I also ask that you pray for Joash and me, that we have increased patience for each other (and Coram), and humility to act for the good of the other person. I know that we'll be going through a lot of life changes and that will surely put stresses on our marriage and family!

Well, we are excited - and busy. We have less than 2 weeks in Vancouver and have quite the bucket list. Drop me a line if you want to hang out, but apologies if I can't manage a get-together before we go . . . there's so much to do! But if you're ever in NB, come visit. It's purdy:

4 comments:

  1. I've already told Joash you can count on a visit from me, sometime in the next year hopefully! i'll see who else i can wrangle up to come with me ;) Definitely praying with and for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Justine! Yes, and Flo said she was interested, too. Would love to see you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to you and Joash and the monkey! We're treading similar paths, and I totally understand the bittersweetness of it all. I hope you love it in NB! Pictures and updates often, please. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely be praying for you guys! Selfishly I'm sad to see you move so far away from BC, but I'm excited for you guys to have so many new adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete