Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Our house

I'm sitting in my damp basement apartment, after having packed most of my scant belongings back into suitcases and diaper boxes. I am SO ready to leave to move into our new home!

Yes, we are moving AGAIN. And gladly, only within Miramichi. I can hardly believe that in two short days, we'll be taking the keys to our VERY FIRST HOUSE, something I never even thought about while living in Vancouver. With new condos advertising the "affordable" prices of $500,000 for a 500 square foot apartment (that's $1000 per sq ft!), it never crossed my mind that we, the Schumpelts, would ever own any property. But come Tuesday, it's going to happen!

And while it's a bit intimating to be homeowners for the first time, I am excited to no longer have to fork over monthly payments to someone else. Keep posted for pictures . . .

Can't wait to have y'all over!

1 comment: